admin January 23rd, 2008
Birmingham regatta 2013
Thank you for your entries – another good year with the entry limit being reached last Monday.
The regatta poster is here (pdf)
Regatta rules are
- All primary events are NON-QUALIFYING. Entries will be limited to a maximum of 125 crews, and entries will shut once 125 have been received.
- Racing will start no earlier than 9.45am.
- Primary events are open to all who have not won any event and who have started rowing in the last 18 months. We would ask coaches to play fair by this rule.
- The event is being run in 2 divisions. Boats and crew must ONLY be entered once in each division. Please note by doubling up you are committing your crews to rowing at least 4 races. Please ensure we know details of doubling up.
- We will split the J14 quads and octuples into three events. These will correspond to the British Rowing requirements for a J14A, J14B and J14 Maiden event (which will be a Primary event). All of these events will be run as round robins. We ask coaches to enter their crews in the appropriate category dependent on their experience.
- In order to give the youngest juniors more racing all J12 and under events will be open only.
- Masters events will be fitted into the timetable according to entries.
- All primary events will be run as round robins (where numbers of entries allow) and crews will stay on the water until the round robin round in their event is completed. All crews in an event should boat at the same time which is 15 minutes before the first race in that event. All races will be timed. The winning boat will be determined by the number of wins in each event, then by cumulative winning times or if not possible by cumulative winning margin. There may be a final race to break ties. Non-primary events will be straight knock-out. Please let us have the details of a contact person for the afternoon of Sunday, 21st April.
- Entry is by British Rowing online entry only but this site will be active from 15th March 2013. If you cannot enter via BROE please send forms to 27 Haughton Road, Handsworth, Birmingham B20 3LE. All entries should be made by BROE if possible. Payment will be by cheque, or electronically and these should be sent to the above address before the day of the regatta to avoid a penalty. Please email me for bank account details.
- All entries scratched after the draw will be charged. Clubs should inform us as soon as possible of any scratchings.
- Please let us have contact details on entry for a responsible person who will be present on the day.
- The regatta committee may change any of these rules to suit particular circumstances.
This page has the following sub pages.