Head Coach Vacancy
In recent years, Birmingham Rowing Club has gone from strength to strength. Membership has increased, along with our competitive edge and now, we are looking to recruit a Head Coach to take our club to the next level.
Full job description is including below. To apply, or for any further questions, please contact Club Captain Mindy Hothi on email@example.com with a copy of your CV attached.
HEAD COACH VACANCY – JOB SPECIFICATION
Responsible to: Club Captain.
Birmingham Rowing Club is based on Edgbaston Reservoir not far from the city centre. The Club competes at the regional and national level, and on occasion members have represented Birmingham Rowing Club at the international stage. Membership has increased significantly in the last few years and the Club is now looking for a paid coach to help us take advantage of the increased potential.
This opportunity is to coach a number of the top competitive, and committed crews at the club, across both Junior and Senior squads.
£6k per annum for 8 hours a week (both on and off the water)
- Develop the Senior Squad Management Plan, designing and delivering a rowing programme with a goal of being competitive at national (or international events)
- Instil a competitive atmosphere across the club and move the culture of the club into a winning mentality
- Produce a men’s, women’s, or junior crew that is suitable for events similar to or on the path to Henley in a couple of years
- Attend Captain’s meeting once every 6 weeks
- Roll down training programme down through captains
- Advise selection of top crews
Qualifications/ previous experience:
- Experience of delivering success at another club
- Desirable – RYA Powerboat Level 2
- Desirable – Coaching qualifications
- DBS Check or willingness to get one completed
Photo by Richard Davies